Saturday, April 28
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
It’s springtime in the Bluegrass and a great time to explore, experiment, and get creative inside and out! Join the Living Arts & Science Center’s teachers, staff and special guests for a FREE day of hands-on arts, science, and music activities on April 28, from 10 am to 3 pm at the LASC.
The event is free and open to the public and offers many new activities as well as annual events. All activities are hands-on and will take place indoors and out, rain or shine!
Special events this year will include:
- Clay Creations! Build a clay community and try your hand at a pottery wheel
- Participate in Chinese Cultural Demonstrations by the Confucius Institute, University of Kentucky
- Create colorful horse sculptures
- Design your own flower pots and help build a community art garden project for the LASC
- Make colorful or kooky Derby Hats
- Experiment along with our Science Specialist and her mysterious science projects
- Construct your own kites and fly them on the lawn
- And, everyone has the opportunity to turn car into canvas for the annual painting of the Art Car!
Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase.
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase
This event is sponsored by: